Things I would like to blog during the oh-so-near summer break:
- deconstructing classroom logistics in my night-school math 12 class (how group work did or didn’t work; WCYDWT with grown-ups, how I structured note-taking, etc.)
- deconstructing what I actually taught:
- that senior-level trig stuff: unit circle vs ASTC vs ???
- some fun stuff that actually worked that I haven’t talked about
- deconstructing (is he still using that word? sheesh) a summer math-ed class I took last year during my B.Ed that was amazing and which I would still like to transform my own classroom into. I need to think through why it worked, how it worked, and how to steal it and make it my own. (And I want to share the good stuff so that I’m not the only one trying it.) Some overlap here on the previously mentioned topic of co-operative / collaborative group work, which was a key feature of this class.
- Maybe something about Civ-games and colonialism; may review that Canadian History mod I stumbled across this week as a case study.
- Someone challenged me to make a math lesson out of some crazy web-game about fish? I may have to take them up on that challenge.